Courtown Sailing Club Open Dinghy Regatta
Sunday 29nd August 2011
NOTICE OF RACE
- The regatta will be governed by The Racing Rules of Sailing 2009 to 2012 and any amendments and the prescriptions of the Irish Sailing Association (ISA)
Conditions of Entry
- The event is open to all Dinghy competers affiliated to a member national authority of isaf.
- All competitors and who are not members of courtown sailing club will automatically members of the club for the duration of the event and will be subject to the rules of the club.
- All boats shall carry a painter at least 3 metres long and 5mm in diameter, securely tied to the bow of the boat.
- Each boat must carry their individual sail number on both sides of their mainsail. Standard sail numbers must used.
- Eligible boats may enter by completing the entry form available on the web site
- Races will be provided for all py handicap dinghies. The fleets will be devided according to the boats entered.
- Registration: Will Be from 09:00 to 09:45hrs
- Briefing: will be at 10:00hrs.
- It is intended to sail 3 races.
- The first warning signal will be at 1100hrs.
- Races 2 & 3 will follow as soon as is practicable after the previous race
- The sailing instructions will be available at registration.
- €10 for single hander and €15 for double hander’s.
- Will be Courtown Sailing Club.
- The courses to be sailed will be as described in the Sailing Instructions.
- The Low Point System of Appendix A will apply.
- There will be No Discards.
- In addition to the procedure as laid down in the RRS, intention to protest must be declared to the OOD on finishing a race. A protest form will be available on request from the race office once ashore.
- Time limit will be 45 minutes after the last boat finishes the last race.
- Prizes will be given as follows: 1st and 2nd overall in each class
- The prize-giving will be held as soon as possible after racing.
Disclaimer of Liability
- Competitors Participate in the regatta entirely at there own risk. See Rule 4. Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in Conjunction with or prior to, during or after the regatta.
- Each participating boat shall be insured with a valid third-party liability insurance (minimum cover of €1,300,000) for the duration of the event